I have signed up for two separate groups for the Halloween Spooktacular Swap with Jane at Jane’s Fabrics. So I needed to make two sets of 9-patches. I had the bright idea of using some fabric I purchased at the end of last season. It is cute with the Mickey & Minnie Mouse figures. I had a problem with just slicing the fabric into 4.5″ and going with it. There would have been bits and pieces of the mice and that just wouldn’t do. So I decided to fussy cut each of them, and it was a better idea. More work, but a better idea.
This is how that batch turned out.
I found this “candy” fabric at a local quilt shop and tried to match it with several other colors. I settled on this orange with a swirled pattern as a simple complement to the pattern, and this is how that batch turned out.
I haven’t decided which group gets which. If you have a preference let me know. I’ll make the decision when I get ready to send them off.